Want to have a little fun with College Football? So do we! Join us for the funniest, most entertaining College Football Blog and College Football Podcast on the web!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
What We Will Learn This Weekend
I know that we missed our weekly lesson on college football this Monday so we are going to make it up to you and provide a preview of this week's action. In honor of Ball State's 6-0 record and first stop into the AP top 25, we will give you our top 10 list of things that you will learn and see this weekend in college football.
10. Clemson will further muddy the ACC water's tonight by continuing the Thursday night upset theme and defeating Wake Forest on a last second field goal.
9. Who would have thought that this weekend's Arizona and Stanford game would be a match up of the ONLY remaining Pac Ten schools that still have healthy starting QB? Oregon has used four after losing their starter before the season even began. As of today it appears that ASU's Rudy Carpenter will miss his first start in 37 games.
8. Coach Tuberville picked a convenient week to fire his offensive coordinator. Arkansas has been outscored 139 to 31 in the last three games. By taking over the offensive play calling before this weekend's home game against the Razorbacks, Tommy will look like a play calling genius!
7. The scoring will be so fast and furious at the Missouri/Oklahoma State game that there will be no need to waste time lowering the nets behind the goal posts. Next week the NCAA will collect an extra sponsor check from Allstate for the additional advertising.
6. Oklahoma will trail for the first time this year.
5. This will be one more week that Big Ten referees don't have to worry about Joe Paterno running them down to give them an earful. At least the bathrooms are closer in the press box.